Liquid lipsticks are a mix of a lip stain, a lip gloss and a lipstick. It’s going to last and the color will be strong. Most liquid lipsticks are matte. Generally, they have a wand to use to apply the product. They have been a trend for a while. Most companies have a version of a liquid lipstick. Lip Stains are also long wearing. Typically, a lip stain has less moisture. Both are very long lasting.
Tips on how to apply:
- Exfoliate your lips (you can use a wet washcloth, a sugar scrub or an exfoliating product) to remove any dry skin
- Wipe off the excess of the product that is on the wand on the inside of the tube.
- Apply a thin layer of the liquid lipstick and let the lip product set and dry completely before moving on. If you don’t wait, the color can lift or move(you can build but it’s best to add in thin layers once the first layer sets)
- Start by applying the product on the center of the bottom lip with the applicator but avoid getting to the edge of the lip. Carefully, use the wand to line edge of the lip. Then repeat the same method for the top lip.
- Clean any mistakes immediately. You can use an oil based cleanser for big area. Small mistakes can be fixed with concealer or foundation.
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick-$20.00- 12 shades- A long-wear, full-coverage liquid lipstick with a smooth, matte finish.
This liquid lipstick has vitamin A, C, and E for added hydration.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. It is priced at $6.00 and comes in 22 shades. NYX describes the lipstick here: Neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing.
Sephora Lip Stain. $13.00 – 14 shades- Sephora describes it as: This high-coverage lip product features avocado oil for a texture that transforms as you wear it: when applied, the initial cream texture becomes a silky, lightweight stain. Lips achieve stunning color and feel soft and comfortable. Ingredients -Avocado Oil, A Combination of Resins and Jellifying Agents, Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties.
Too Faced Melted now comes in the traditional version or a Metallic version – $21.00. The Matte comes in 18 shades. The Metallic come in 8 shades currently. These apply slightly differently. There is no wand. This is actually a cushion applicator. So squeeze the amount of product you want and the liquid comes out of the little applicator tip. It is described as: The shine of a gloss, lasting power of a stain, and pigment-packed color of a liquid lipstick, all in one high-impact formula. Bold, long-wearing color glides on cleanly with the precision tip applicator, delivering rich color with staying power.
There are tons of great brands with great liquid lipsticks and stains.